Friday 7 September 2018

Fussy and Fancy Challenge #220 A Different Shaped or Folded card

Well Hello again, sorry I was not able to Blog my last card in time for the challenge, something went drastically wrong with my blog and I couldn't access it...as I am not very Computer Literate it has taken me a while to sort it out.

Anyway here I am back in time to host this fortnight's Challenge I have chosen 'A different shaped or folded card' I just thought it would be fun to see some different cards to the regular square folded cards which are what I usually make. It does not have to be Origami, just more than the one simple folded spine but that doesn't mean complicated. For example an easel card is just a couple of folds for the base and then another shaped mat fixed on with your main image on. You Tube is always a good place to start.

These days you can even get dies to create these basic shapes and just dress them up, I have made Stepper cards in the past and the measuring just drives me mad, but recently bought a die from Crafters Companion to speed up  the job leaving me more time to play around with the decoration. Here is my card:



I needed a couple of new Home cards for two of our younger family members who have moved away to university so was lucky enough to have  a freebie from a magazine which had stamps, papers and a little die all to do with Bees and both my granddaughters are mad about the environment and conservation especially Bees so these were perfect. Once I had formed the base by cheating with a die it was playtime ...fiddly making bees but I love them. I managed 2 sweet little cards in an afternoon.

Here is a closeup of the Bees ...cute eh!!



Bye for now, where is this year going to, it is almost time to make Christmas cards.... 'OOOOH NO I hear you cry'.... Love Annie xx

2 comments:

  1. This is so beautiful with the colors and papers you chose, and I just love that big bee! Great fold for a new home card too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Annie, so good to have you back in blogland. Your card is fab and I love that bee too. I must admit your choice of challenge did make me think,,,but I had a great time creating my card...love to you and Jasper...hope you have a lovely walk later....hugs...jo. Xxx

    ReplyDelete