Friday 26 August 2016

Fussy and fancy Challenge #171 Lets Fly Away

So here we are at the end of August and another Fussy and Fancy Challenge, #171 in fact and it is hosted by the lovely talented Eileen. She has chosen Let's Fly Away as her theme and she tells us that we can interpret it as we please ... things with wings or holiday destinations, so that gives us plenty of choice.


I knew straight away what I was going to do, but first of all I have an admission to make ... I am a crafter but I am also a hoarder I buy stamps and crafty goodies and just hoard them which brings me to the Stampendous stamps I bought many months ago and have never used. I have several stamps of hot air balloons, all very lovely but I saw these and had to have them mainly because they came with the cute little landscape stamps which make it easy to make a skyscape which looks as if you are looking down from above. If you look carefully you can see the Eiffel Tower, a windmill and a German castle.

So I made this very simple scene a bit of masking allowed me to make some fluffy clouds, some very basic colouring and I was ready to mat and layer and add a tiny globe charm dangling from some black jute twine. Sometimes I can ffaff for hours and end up with nothing but this simple card just came together and will be very useful for one of my male Family birthdays, I do find men's cards difficult so that is one problem solved.

Please join us by entering your crafty makes details here and we look forward to seeing your wonderful ideas on Eileen's theme

Well I have just heard the wonderful words 'What's for tea, Nana' coming from downstairs so I better dash Love and crafty Hugs xxxx Anne

1 comment:

  1. Hi Annie, I love your take on this theme...and the scene that you have created...I feel like I am there...
    Have a lovely weekend...hugs...xx

    ReplyDelete